EMandMBooks

Em & M Books

A place for Em & M to discuss books, post reviews, and ramble about whatever comes to mind!

Review - Fatal Love by Misty Evans

Fatal Love: Shadow Force International Romantic Suspense Series (SEALs of Shadow Force Book 4) - Misty Evans

Wow – Misty Evans has certainly made the arrival of Cal and Beatrice’s baby one to remember! With all the action, suspense, and heart of the rest of the SFI series, this novella has everything you would expect when it comes to birth of Cal & B’s baby!

It's always special when your baby's birth happens and you and your new family are surrounded by people you love...and it’s even more special when those people you love can protect you from the crazy terrorist who has shown up in the middle of the delivery seeking revenge. Leave it to Cal and B to deliver a baby in the middle of a gunfight – I would have expected nothing less! And as usual B steals the show…

“Where is she? Where is your pregnant wife?”

Cal was about to dive for his gun when he heard the bedroom door crack open and Beatrice’s voice sounded behind him.

“Right here, bitch.”

And all hell broke loose.

……..

Beatrice squeezed the trigger.

At the same time, a contraction squeezed her.

Cal yelled, her shot went wide, and the bitch who’d shot her husband ran.

One of the things I love best about this series is how Misty Evans weaves her characters in and out of the books. It is always a treat to catch up with characters who have been featured in other books as well as get to know some new ones. I loved meeting Connor and Sabrina, two SFI team members who find their way to one another during this novella. They each have an interesting background and I hope we get to learn more about them in upcoming books in the series – *dish, Misty – what’s up with the September 12 group that Connor keeps referring to?*

This is a quick read with great writing that will pull you in and have you finishing it in one sitting. Even though this one is a bit heavier on the suspense/action side, the undercurrent of emotion between Cal and B and the beginning of the romance between Connor and Sabrina balance out all the gunfire and explosions. And the ending made me all warm and smiley inside.

Although this can be read as a stand-alone, I would recommend starting this series from the beginning so you have a better understanding of the relationship between the characters.